Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Said Yes

I know the title may throw some off but I am not speaking of marriage. I decided to say yes to myself. There has been so many times that I have put everyone else's needs before mine until I had nothing left to give. I no longer know how to feel any more. As a woman, it is often times in our nature to care for everyone else and put our needs aside but then I have to wonder who is going to take care of me? Who's going to love me? Who is going to put a smile on my face? For now, I do not mind being that person. I forgot how to love me and in turn I feel like I forgot how to be loved. I feel lost sometimes. I feel forgotten about in more ways than one. At any given moment, I am going to shut down completely and that is not good because I have been there before and I turned my back on the closest person to me. Sometimes I really miss that person. Some of my favorite moments were with them, especially on days like today. I have decided that for once in my life that I want to put myself first. No one will love me more than me and that was a hard lesson for me to learn. I love you guys but that is all for now. Just a little bit to get you through until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment