Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Memories

Valentine's Day was once one of my favorite days. Not because it is a day to show love because you should do that every day. It is because it was a day that you could just go all out and do something sweet for someone you love. One of my fondest memories was when I was dating someone that knew how much I loved the day so while we were together my day would always start out the same. He would have one of my co workers go and get my favorite breakfast and then that afternoon I would get flowers with a note. The note contained a clue as to what was to come later. I was always like a kid on Christmas on Vday. When I got my flowers that last year we were together he did something special. It did not take a lot of money but it definitely took a lot of time which made me feel special. That evening I found another note and it simply stated to meet him at one of my favorite places but to wear something comfortable. When I got there, there were candles, my favorite CD playing, a blanket, and my favorite dinner that he cooked himself. I had a late night picnic. We ate, talked and just had a great time and it meant more than everything else because he was normally one to buy jewelry and send flowers but that particular year he went all out just for me. It is not always about how much money you spend but sometimes it is about the thought. Sometimes just having that special moment with someone is what means the most. I hope everyone had a wonderful day and continue to love and be loved in return. This is actually part of an older post I did a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment