Thursday, February 17, 2011

Are You Ready to Submit

We were having an interesting conversation the other day about Ephesians 5: 21-33. I am not going to post what the verses say because you can do the legwork yourself but it is talking about submission and loving and respecting each other in marriage. The question to the women was were you ready to submit. Now as valid as that question was coming from a man, as you read the passage for yourself you will see that the man plays a vital role in that submission. It clearly says that the man should be the head of the wife as God was the head of the church. Now we all know that God handled his business but he said that is what a man is supposed to do in marriage. So why was the question not are you ready to submit yourselves to one another. Men are supposed to love their wives as they love their own body meaning providing for her as you would yourself. The conversation took a turn from there. As a woman, I am ready to submit myself to a man that is ready for me to submit to. Not saying that I am going to be someone's flunkee because I can take care of myself but you know what I mean. Respect goes both ways. A woman has to allow a man to be a man but a man has to allow a woman to be a woman as well and cherish her how she is supposed to be cherished. I think in relationships we take certain things as well as people for granted but the Word is clear as day. Having someone in your life that truly loves you the way that God meant it to be is a blessing within itself but sadly and oddly enough some people realize that they had "the one" when it is too late. I found the conversation to be very interesting and wish you all were there to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment