Sunday, September 30, 2012

How long????

This past seven months has been really hard for me. I am a really independent person and I like to handle things on my own so when I lost my job, I never anticipated seven months later that I would still be unemployed. I was accustomed to financially being on top of things. Sure, I had problems like everyone else but it was rarely an occasion where I could not handle something. Financially it has been rough and I have prayed a lot and I know that God is going to answer me but I sometimes want to say God how long do I have to endure? Am I not answering the questions on the test correctly? What do you have in store for me? One day I decided just not to worry about it any more. When the time is right for me to have a job then he will give me one. When it is time for my breakthrough to come it will simply happen. I have managed to semi stay afloat when others have not been able to. God has placed someone in my life that has been such a blessing to me and I will never know how to thank her. On the days when you need someone to talk to and you dont know where to turn, I have been able to share things with her that I have kept locked away. Things from my past that I just needed to let go. I carried that weight too long. You never know who God is going to bring you out or how long it will take. The Bible tells true testaments of how a person can go through things but still hold their faith like they can block everything out that is going on around them and focus completely on God and God alone. I know in my heart that God has something special for me and this is just my time to endure the hardship in order to be groomed. I have been chosen for battle. I often wonder how long the battle is and will I be strong enough to fight and then all of a sudden I get a renewed sense of peace that carries me through. Perhaps this is Gods way of seeing how strong I am going to be and to see how I will handle the next level. I really like the relationship I have with God right now. I can talk to him more freely. I can speak to him in terms that only we can understand. I initially saw this as a punishment for something that maybe I did wrong along the way and maybe it really is but now my perspective is one of joy and hope. I have been able to renew a relationship with him that was not failing but was not as close as it should have been. I may not be where I want to be but I am happy to know that he is with me no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment