Sunday, September 30, 2012

What do you say?

A friend of mine post last weekend that her mother was in the hospital complaining of headaches. Then the unevitable happened. The word cancer appeared and things took a turn for the worst almost immediately. You remain hopeful, you pray, you question, you cry, you scream... Her mother passed away this morning. She lives in Washington State and her family is here in Albany so she was not able to be here to hold her hand or to say her final goodbyes. On top of all of that, her husband is job hunting so money is tight and she didnt know how she was going to get home. A classmate was finally able to get her to let us make donations in order to get her a ticket to be here for the funeral. Right now I feel like what do you say when you don't really know what to say? I can not imagine being in her shoes right now. Not being able to call my mom daily and just talk about the silly stuff we talk about or getting aggravated with her when she tries to handle everything like I am a little kid. The very thought brings me to the brink of a serious anxiety attack. God does everything for a reason and I know you are not supposed to question God but sometimes you just want to look at him and say why... Or why did it have to happen to me this way? I feel so horrible inside and it is not even happening to me. This girl has been an outlet for me sometimes. She has remained strong on the days when I have been weak. She has shared some things with me that I did not know that are somewhat parallel to my own life. It is amazing how you can know someone for so long and not know the details of their life until God allows you to share with that person. I want to hug her. I want to say everything will be okay. I want to say something but what do you say to someone who has just lost their mother. I have decided to go to the funeral to lend my support but I hope that I am able to be the s one this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment