Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'm Sorry Isn't Going to Get It This Time

I never thought that a person that was so close to me would do so many things to not only hurt me but hurt others and see absolutely nothing wrong with it. After the demise of a friendship the other day, I received several texts stating that they were sorry and that they did not know what they said would hurt me. Now this person knew a lot about me and I find it truly hard to believe that they did not know that the situation would make me mad since they lie about everything else. They felt as though everything should go back to normal and that I should just forget it. One thing I can do is forgive, one thing I can't it forget. Sometimes people fail to understand the extent of what they do or they have lied so much they are just oblivious to the fact that they have done yet another deed to piss someone off. I know that god has been telling me for a long time to let this person go out of my life but I had such a hard time turning my back on a person that had been there for me through some of the worst things in my life. I guess sometimes when we do not take heed to the word God has to put us in a situation where we have to listen and that was it for me. For some odd reason, I expected to be sad or hurt but I am not. I actually feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder and I can freely just move on with life and leave that behind me. Everyone that you come across in life is not there for the long haul but it is sometimes hard to recognize when to just say your purpose has been fulfilled and it is time for me to just let go. I guess I have had to learn a hard lesson and in the end it will be okay but I will make sure to really listen to God more and seek him on decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment