Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On Time God or Right Now God

I have been emailing a good friend of mine back and forth this morning just talking about some things in life. We do not have to go into detail about what is going on but a nice conversation about God is needed sometimes. I remember a time when I would hang out with her and we were all about getting to the club on the weekend and not really worried about much else. We just lost contact. No reason why. No one was mad or we didn't have a falling out or anything. Well I am convinced that god separated us to deal with each other as individuals before he brought us back together as friends. We are on some different stuff right now than we were before you know. We have different worries and different goals and God brought us back together when he felt it was right not when we wanted to. Why is that so hard to grasp in just every day life? I know that God has promised me something because he has sent me the same message a million and one times but in the back of my mind some days I am like why can't I have it now. It kinda makes you feel like someone is dangling your favorite candy in your face but tells you that you can not have any right now, you have to wait until later. How do we know that if we eat the candy right then that it will not make us sick but if we wait until later when the food has settled then we can enjoy it. Simple analogy but that is how God is. We want a right now God instead of an on time God. God wants to give us the desires of our heart but only when all parties are ready and if it is in his will. If it is in his will for you then you will definitely know. All you have to do is ask and he will tell you. He has told me plain as day but still the selfish side of me just does not want to wait knowing I need to. I guess we have to learn the hard way because God will let us have what we want sometimes when we want it just to show us his power and that we need to wait on him. Lord knows I am glad he makes me wait on some things because I would be in a hot mess if I didn't. It says in the Bible that you should wait on the Lord. Sometimes waiting is not easy but it is best...

No comments:

Post a Comment